Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 9: Complete a DIY project.

I was not feeling especially crafty today. Not at all.

My house was dirty. My arms were sore from yoga and Side Crow and then regular Crow and then what seemed like 500 chaturanga push-ups. I just wanted to read (finish task #4 and put that Kindle to bed already!)

I  seriously considered changing today's task to something else. But I persevered. And I'm happy that I did.

I found this Silhouette project a looonnnnngggg time ago on a home decorating blog. I thought it was really cool and would be super cute in Holly and Sydney's rooms. I whipped out the camera, took some profile pics of them and printed them up. I carefully cut around their profiles and then used spray adhesive to glue it to some bright pink paper. Excuse me, I mean magenta paper, because Holly no longer likes pink...A trip to Michaels (wowzie, was that place a zoo today. Apparently all the Moms go there on Superbowl Sunday???) to purchase some frames and some jazzy card stock paper to mount the silhouettes onto and VOILA!


Note, it took me several cutting attempts to get the profiles looking like my girls, rather than some type of alien creature. And I ended up using the pony tail version profile, as making naturally curly hair look right is really, really difficult. Who knew?


But I do like the final product. So do Holls and Syd. They exclaimed "we look like Barbies!"


Not what I was going for, but I'll take it.

Photos and the link to the project below. Holly added hers to her art gallery wall (her framed art work) and Sydney wanted hers in between the -2- paintings my crafty friend Lynette did when Syd got her Big Girl room re-do last year...
http://www.prudentbaby.com/2009/10/diy-cameo-silhouettes-three-ways.html




No comments:

Post a Comment