Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 12: Read a book written by a political conservative.

Okay, okay, I have not yet READ the books. But I've picked it (I mean them) out. After much online researching and thinking about what I would likely start and actually finish, I selected TWO titles! Gooooo, liberal me!

The first pick is Mitt Romney's book. http://www.amazon.com/No-Apology-Believe-Mitt-Romney/dp/0312671733/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297388974&sr=1-1

And just for kicks, I'm also going to read Meghan McCain's book, too. http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Sexy-Politics-Meghan-Mccain/dp/1401323774/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1297388924&sr=8-1

I just know Mitt will be all over the place, sooner than I'd like to think. Eeeee Gads, I am not mentally ready for another "silly season". But, I might as well learn a little about him and tryyyyyyy to be open-minded.

And, the MM book will be interesting to read as I hear there is a fair amount of Palin-bashing (I'm horrible, aren't I?) and, I've seen enough interviews with her to think she is kind of intriguing.  Definitely not the typical GOP poster child....

Oh, and by the way, I am most certainly not purchasing these books. Requests for them have been made with good ol' KCLS.  I'd rather spend my Barnes & Noble gift card on David Sedaris' latest book, even if the reviews are terrible...http://www.amazon.com/Squirrel-Seeks-Chipmunk-Modest-Bestiary/dp/0316038393/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297389278&sr=1-1

Maybe HE should get into politics. Now, that would be something.

Speaking of reading and books, here's an update on my foray into E-book reading: Finished "Born to Run" and enjoyed this book immensely. Compelling, thought provoking and one heckuva narrative! Now, that my little scholars, is what a book should be! And reading it on the Kindle was actually kind of fun. I like the groovy screen saver illustrations. And it's a nice compact size. I can see myself reading books of the hub's that I like on it (and they would be free), but I can't see myself making a serious commitment to the Kindle. Honest to goodness Books (hardcover, paperback, dog-ear'd, coffee stained, etc.) still rule supreme in my little world, thank you very much!)

2 comments:

  1. Will you 'come out of the closet' so to speak and just admit that you have conservative tendencies? Good golly. This post reminds me of the dude in high school who would bash gay folks over and over and over... next thing you know it's your 20 year reunion and he is practically floating around the ballroom with his arm wrapped around his 'partner'. Talk about Eee Gads!!! Smplol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you 'come out of the closet' so to speak and just admit that you have conservative tendencies? Good golly. This post reminds me of the dude in high school who would bash gay folks over and over and over... next thing you know it's your 20 year reunion and he is practically floating around the ballroom with his arm wrapped around his 'partner'. Talk about Eee Gads!!! Smplol

    ReplyDelete