Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 18: Random Act of Kindness.

I had nothing planned for this. I just went about my day and hoped a situation would present itself.  Otherwise, I couldn't call this "random", now could I?

My morning routine yielded nothing. No damsels in distress. No homeless persons to help out. Nada. So, I picked up Syd from preschool and we headed home for her to re-charge her batteries after her class Valentine's party. Once she'd showed me all her Valentine's (several times) we decided to head to Starbucks for a pick me up (me) and a cocoa (like she needed another treat, but oh well!) for Syd.

Sydney insisted on going inside, rather than drive thru, as she's developed a fondness for her name being called out by the Baristas. I think it makes her feel like a "big". And then it hit me, why not pay for the drinks for the people in the drive thru line? So I did. And it was fun. It got all the baristas chattering and talking about fun it is to surprise people like that. I hope I made someone's day a little cheerier. And maybe they'll pay it forward someday. That would be cool.

I happened to text Jeff and see how his day was going... and he mentioned he had not yet eaten lunch b/c work was so busy. HMMMMMMMM. Finally, an opportunity had presented iself! So, Sydney and I grabbed him some lunch and boogied over to Redmond to drop it off. He was surprised and touched. And hungry.

I have to say, I was in a rather pissy mood on Day 18 (PMS is a b-yatch!) and doing these -2- little things certainly lifted my spirits.

A total "win-win" of a task.

Next up: Spend no $$$ in a 24 hour period.  

2 comments:

  1. And it was definately appreciated!! Nothing better than a surprize visit at work (with food!!!) from 2 of my favorite girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that must have been at Starbucks! Bet it surprised everyone. :-)

    So sweet surprising your husband. Makes for a happy marriage. :-) I need to do that more.

    ReplyDelete