Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 36: Date Night as planned by the Hubs.



Aren't we cute?  :)

Yes, indeedy, the hubs planned a really fun Date Night. This was part of the challenge because it's a well established fact that I am the planner of the family. Vacations, gift buying, get togethers with friends/family, Date Nights....

But this task required I relinquish control and let Jeff take over. All I contributed was telling him the date I had plugged into the -40- in -40- calendar for this task.

Jeff even picked my outfit. Well, I gave him options, and the skinny jeans, tall boots, leather jacket combo was his final, final. He would have preferred I step out of the house in something more risque, but that's typical for a Man, right? :) I even wore eyeliner for the occasion! Whoa.

He picked the place for dinner and made reservations. He coordinated the overnight sitter (his mom = free = yay!) and made the after dinner plans. The girls left about 4 so we had some time to kill before we needed to leave the house. 
**** Hubba Hubba, for our eyes and ears only... :) ****

We dined at Bis on Main, in old Bellevue. Fancy, Fancy...
We shared Seared Ahi as an appie (my fave), had amazing salads, then I opted for Crab Cakes for my entree. Totally something I would not normally try. They were fab. Look at me operating outside my "normal"!  The rest of the dinner patrons were totally the old Bellevue crowd, mature and established. Lots of pearls and cardigan twin sets. I was definitely the youngest and the hippest. I told Jeff we should always eat there - HA!

After, we headed to The Parlor for a comedy show. The joint was-a-jumpin! Packed to the brim. I had not even heard of this place. The headliner was Tom Arnold. Who was quite funny. And the -2- opening comedians were realllllllly funny. One of them did a bit on what people do in their car's in traffic while listening to music. Hysterical. Tom Arnold was really likable and his Roseanne stories were pretty entertaining.  But I came away with the thought that as acrimonious as that relationship must have been, I think he still likes her. (Did anyone see Roseanne on Oprah recently? She is now a macadamia nut farm owner in Hawaii. And has a reality show about it on Lifetime. Who would have thought that would happen?!)
A comedy club was a great activity for us. We both love good stand up comics and there is just something so cathartic about giggling from your very core, isn't there?

After 1.5 margaritas on the rocks at the comedy show, I was ready to head for home after the show ended about 10:30. Jeff and Blue made a candy run so we ate some chocolate on the couch, watched something on TV (can't remember what) and enjoyed being in a kid-less house. 

Thanks, sweetie, for planning such a fun evening! MWAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment