Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 31: Purge five things from my closet.

As it was pointed out to me (thanks, Cynthia!) this was a really easy task for me. I am constantly purging, consigning and giving away clothes. Jeff and I share a very modestly sized closet so I have to be pretty streamlined. I also bore easily with clothes and like to change it up. And I've reached the point where I'd rather have fewer things that I absolutely adore, than more things that I am "meh" about.

Don't get me wrong, there are some items in my closet that I've had for years. Classics. Love that.

But I also love to give clothes a new "life" - to pass them on for someone else to enjoy. And I love consigning because I can afford to get some designer items I would never pay retail for. Case in point, a Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress and a DVF wrap top, both of which I scored last summer at consignment stores in Kirkland.  I've also snagged an Emanuel Ungaro sheath dress, some nice cashmere pieces and so on. I love the adventure of consignment shopping, too. You just never know what you will find.

My favorite consignment shop is Serendipity Consignment.

Oh, and then there's the Glitter Sale. If you haven't heard me tout about that yet, just ask me! It's the best thing, ever. This year I added vintage coats and handbags, a St. John dress, Salvatore Ferragamo shoes, and a pair of Joan and David heels to my wardrobe, just to name a few.  Ummm, no, these were not the items I gave away for this day's challenge. I'm no dummy, when it comes to clothes! :)

But I do plan to keep this ritual of purge/streamline going. Spring is just around the corner (someday!) and I will be pulling out my summer clothes and start purge, purge, purging...

My loss could be your gain, people!

The purged pieces this time around went to my friend, Jena's new business venture - UnLabeled. She re-purpose/re-sells womens' clothing for a steal of a deal. What a grand idea, yes?

I admit, I was a little sad to see my studded platform heels (that I wore to Lady Gaga) go bye bye, but they were too big and caused painful blisters.

Cest la vie! I'm sure there's a cute pair of platform heels somewhere out there, waiting to take their place...

No comments:

Post a Comment