Friday, January 14, 2011

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"


I turn 40 on 3.9.2011. The way I see it...if I want my next decade to be great, I've got to embrace it, be excited about it, and "own" it. So, that quote from RWE seems a good fit for the title of this endeavor.

I am ready. I am psyched. I am -maybe- a teensy little bit frightened. Not because of the actual birthday (although it will mean I have walked this earth for 14,609.688 days = yikes!) but because of this undertaking.

In the -40- days leading up to my 40th, I shall try/do 40 things that:
  • I've never done before.
  • Haven't done in a long, long time.
  • I think about doing, but just never carve out time and pull the trigger.
Said "new" things are a combination of:
  • Things that have been on my mental Bucket List for say....20 years. Things I've thought "Hey, that sounds neat" but that's as far as I ever got.
  • Things my friends/family suggested I try/do when I unveiled this cock-a mainy plan to them (Thanks y'all - love you for your enthusiasm and guidance!)
In addition to the -40- things, I will blog DAILY about these shenanigans. The good, the bad, the ugly, the silly, the stupid, the inspiring, the "what was she thinking", etc. etc. etc.

I will even post some photos...Woot-Woot!

You can read and play along (double dog dare you!) - for many of you will also be turning -40- this year. And the rest of you schmucks already are -40- or will be -40- someday.

Comments and encouragement are much appreciated!!!

What you will not find on this blog: Perfect grammar and punctuation. I like to write the way I talk...and this 'lil endeavor is: Just. For. Fun. (Plus, I have -2- little kids and a hubs who travels a lot. In fact, he will be out of town about 8 or 10 days during this -40- day endeavor. Hmmmm, I just realized that. Bummer. Anywho, doing -40- "new-ish" things in -40- days is asinine enough, let alone writing about it daily. Give a girl some props, right?)

Wish me luck. Tell me to break a leg. Tell me -40- is the new thirty.

-40- things in -40- days goes live 1.29.2011.

5 comments:

  1. Go Amy! Looking forward to following you on this journey. Kyle is putting in a special request for the surprise brownies!! Hee hee ;)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! So awesome, Amy!
    I set it up so your posts show up in my inbox. Can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Amy! You rock! You gonna read Sarah Palin? ;-) I suggest William F. Buckley.

    e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure this will be a fun way to cross over into the next decade though I'm willing to bet you'll love the next 10 years maybe even more than the previous! Like fine wine, we get better with age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so loving your journey to 40. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete