Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 3: Avoid the word "no"!

Considering I was in the car from 10-3 today, with the girls hollering "how much longer" and "when will we be off the freeway", I feel pretty damn good that I only used the word NO on four different occasions!

Jeff tried to trip me up....several times. Sass!

 And there was really just one time that I used the word "no" with an annoyed tone. And it was when Holly wanted to practice typing on my iPhone but I was already on the phone trying to re-set my voicemail password.

And the funny thing is that I am the one that caught myself saying no - if I had just kept quiet- maybe no one would have noticed. But that might be because I do say "'no'" more often than I should and DEFINITELY more than I need to. For example, there's no reason I can't answer certain questions like "Mom, can I have a cookie?" with "Yes, after lunch", rather than blurting out the usual "no, not now". Something to think about it, for sure.

There sure as heck is a time for a resounding "NO" (like the other day when Sydney tried to cross the street without looking first) but life just might be a whole lot more fun if I say "no" less and "yes" more...

Off to do those pesky -40- push -ups. Hmmmm, -40-, really? Me thinks there is a theme building, here... :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this gave me pause. I'm going to see how often I say "no," in any given day. Does work count? ;-) BTW, I have #3 on my list this year, too, if you want to research together. And I just did #19 last month, so if you ever want company, LMK. Or for #10 for that matter. Lastly, I'm dying for a good tour guide of the St. Edwards trails! I've almost gotten the girls and me lost a couple of times, so if you want to leisure with me/us, we'd love that!

    Keep 'em coming, Amy. This is really so cool. I promise I'm not stalking ;-), I'm just interested!

    ReplyDelete